Thinking about volunteering as a Z Usher?
Z Volunteer Ushers are ambassadors of The Z and perform a vital role in the patron experience at every performance. If you’re a people person, can walk and stand for long periods without difficulty, enjoy music and the theatre, and are looking for an opportunity to socialize, we welcome you to consider joining our Volunteer Usher team!
Being a member of our Volunteer Usher team is fun and rewarding, and comes with responsibility. Every time you put on The Z uniform, you are The Z. An explanation of Volunteer Usher duties, responsibilities and policy is detailed in the Usher Handbook, distributed to all who are accepted into the program.
Some important information to know:
The Zeiterion typically presents 100+ performances per year. These generally fall on the weekends, but we also have shows mid week and the School shows are weekday mornings and early afternoons.
What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and be in good physical condition.
- Must be available to usher for a specific number of shows per season, typically between 20-30.
- Must have good people skills and enjoy helping patrons have an outstanding theatre experience.
- Must be able to attend a New Usher Orientation/Professional Development and then train for a specific number of shows as an Usher Candidate.
Interested in finding out more?
To find out more information about the Usher program as well as other volunteer opportunities, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 508-997-5664 ext. 123 or send an email to email@example.com.
You can also download this application
and return to us in person, by mail, email or fax.
The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center
684 Purchase St.
New Bedford, MA 02740